Saturday, January 17, 2009

Not a creature was stirring...

Steve has gone to bed since he has to be up at 4 a.m. for work at 5. The kids are asleep. The cats are in the bedroom with Steve, most likely sleeping. The dog is curled up on the couch with me...sleeping. These are just the most peaceful times for me...I love to spend time with my family, but I really think it's just a natural thing for people to need alone time, too, even just a small amount. It gives you the chance to think, to plan, to dream a little bit. To just relax because YOU are the only one who needs to be taken care of at that moment in time. Then of course your mind takes off and starts racing through all the lists of things to get done, but for a small window of time you get some peace and quiet...not something that's easy to come by with two three-year-olds running wild through the house!

Tonight we went to dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday, which was this past Wednesday. We had dinner at O'Charley's, which is great because kids eat free there (and I'm all about saving money!). Mom ordered a German chocolate birthday cake from the local grocer, and it was so good. I am not even a big fan of that kind of cake, but I enjoyed my little piece. :)

On another note, it's going to be in the freezing category tonight! I think there's something terribly wrong with me as a Floridian...I love the cold weather. I don't know if I'd want to live somewhere that has four months of solid freezing weather, but I really do like it so much better than the hot Florida seasons we get. I love my warm winter coat, and it's in GREAT condition after four years because I only get to wear it for about two weeks each year it seems like. I love wearing layers and snuggling with the kids under a blanket because it's a bit chilly. I don't love the heating bill, but I do love having the heat on in the house because it's so nice and cozy. See? I'm weird. And as much as I'd love to see snow here, I'm thinking it's not the greatest idea...some of the people in the small town where I live freak out driving in the rain, so I can't imagine what they'd do if it snowed...there would certainly be gridlock!

OK, enough rambling for tonight. I hope everyone's having a fantastic 2009 so far...God bless you and those you love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment