Friday, May 14, 2010

Catching up on blessings...

First blessing I want to mention is my friend. She was discharged from the rehab center and went home last Friday, so she's been home for a week already. I feel bad because I haven't been able to go by and visit yet, but I have plans in the works to bring her family some dinner one night next week, so I'll see her soon! I spoke with her for a while on Tuesday, and she sounds fantastic. Keep praying, because she's getting occupational and physical therapy at home and we want her to continue to recover, but what a blessing to know that she's home with her husband and children (exactly where she belongs!!!). I told her she's my walkin', talkin' miracle friend and she told me she knows just how lucky she is. She's amazing.

Second blessing is that the Relay For Life of St. Augustine is this weekend. This will be my 10th year attending the event, 9th year participating with a team, 7th year working as a member of the planning committee. My grandmother had lung cancer and skin cancer, so the cause (the American Cancer Society) is near and dear to my heart. The event itself is just inspiring, especially when they light the luminaria around the track at 9 p.m. in honor and in memory of people who have/have had cancer. This year we are one of 45 teams camping out around the track at St. Augustine High School. Each team has a different fundraiser to raise money with, and each team tries to keep someone walking on the track at all times during the 18-hour event. We've been working hard all year to get ready, and this week we've worked twice as hard because it's crunch time. It'll all be worth it tomorrow and Sunday! The event kicks off at 12 noon Saturday, May 15 and ends at 6 a.m. on Sunday, May 16. If you're in the St. Augustine area, stop by and see what it's all about...it's something you have to see to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment