Friday, November 14, 2008

Night Shift

Steve is back on night shift. He switched back about two weeks ago, and will stay on nights another six weeks. I still wish the Sheriff's Office would consider a quarterly schedule, because by the time we are fully adjusted to one shift, it's time to make the switch again! Oh well. After five years, I've gotten used to it. I know he loves night shift because there are more interesting things to do while on duty, but it also means we don't see him half as much. The kids are usually down for nap when he wakes up in the afternoon, and when they wake up he's already gone for work, so he goes for two or three days at a time sometimes without seeing the kids. He stopped by during his shift last weekend, just for a few minutes so that they could visit with him, so at least he can do that once in a while!

I'm a night owl anyway, so nights don't bother me. I catch up on my recorded shows on the DVR, I get work done on the computer, I read a book...there are always things to do. Maybe one of these days I'll get some sort of motivation to use more of that evening time to work on de-cluttering the home office, which has taken on its own life at this point. :) Hey, a girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment