Friday, September 26, 2008

TGIF

I don't know exactly what it is about Fridays that just makes me HAPPY. I love Fridays. I stay home with the kids full-time, I have NO mandatory Monday through Friday obligations (just freelance work and business stuff that I can schedule around my family), but there is just something wonderful about Fridays. Maybe it's because I know all of my friends who work full-time outside the house are (mostly) off on the weekends. Steve and my brother are both cops, so that rule doesn't apply to them. But every OTHER weekend Steve's off. I love those weekends especially.

Anyway, this is one of Steve's work-all-weekend weekends. We won't be seeing much of him. He was three and a half hours late getting home from work tonight because there was a call right at the end of his shift and he didn't feel right turning it over to the oncoming shift since he was already involved. Times like those don't frustrate me (often), because I know he has an important job to do and that he does it so well. I miss him, but then I think back to the fact that he was off Wednesday and Thursday this week. And will be off Monday and Tuesday next week. :)

Another good thing about Friday is that my friend Debbie has a work schedule that gives her Fridays off. She lives in Gainesville and had been planning to drive to Jacksonville to visit her mom and wish her a happy birthday in person, so we made arrangements to have lunch, just me and her and my kids. She's expecting her first child in February, just found out it's a boy, and it was so fun to see her interact with Megan and Jeremy. She's always loved them to pieces, but I think now that she's expecting a baby of her own they really take on a whole new level of interest for her. She looks great, barely even showing, and it's going to be so fun to watch her go through the rest of her pregnancy and become a fantastic mommy to this sweet little boy.

Well, I'm out of rambles for tonight. Until next time, have a GREAT weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment