Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Funny Sunny Days

Steve's working this weekend, Friday through Sunday, which means he was off today and tomorrow. Kind of a mid-week, weekend-replacement time. :) I don't mind. Weekends are usually easy enough to fill, because there are so many things going on, other family members are off work, and I can always find something to do to keep the kids occupied. Having Steve home on a weekday is just one more reason I'm grateful to be home full-time with the kids, because we can really treasure the time we get to spend together.

We basically just stayed close to the house for most of the morning, and then took the kids to the park to play for about an hour before we had a late lunch back at home. We took a bag of almost-old bread with us and fed the fish from the dock at the park. Megan mastered the art of breaking the slice of bread up into small chunks and tossing it in for the fish to gobble up, but Jeremy was just as thrilled to chuck the whole slice in and watch it float away. The fish didn't seem too interested in a big piece, so it was kind of funny. Nothing we did or said could convince him to break the bread up into little pieces. :)

We are now nearing the end of September, and today was a beautiful example of the weather that (hopefully) awaits us in the months to come. Mid-seventies, blue skies, nice breeze. I'm not in enough denial to believe that we won't have ninety-degree temps back sometime in the next week or so (this is Florida, after all). But just for today it was nice to pretend that the cooler weather was coming.

My favorite thing about going to the park is that the munchkins are completely exhausted when nap time rolls around. Always a good part of the day for me! I got the kids down for nap and Steve used their nap time as a chance to run to Jacksonville to pick up some equipment for work...leaving me a full two hours to read a book and just sit on the couch and relax. I should have done some dishes or laundry or cleaned up the clutter in the home office, but I opted to use that time for myself instead. And the great part is that I don't even feel guilty...it's little things like taking time for yourself that can keep you sane in a silly, zany world.

No comments:

Post a Comment