Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School!!!

The kids started VPK on Monday. It's technically 1 a.m. on Tuesday, but I wanted to post this before I go to bed. Other than a little whining (on my part...they didn't want to cooperate and let me take 800 photos!), I think the day went very well. I was pleasantly surprised that Steve was able to leave his zone for a very short time so he could be there to walk the kids in for the first time with me. My mom had come down from Jacksonville to go with me, since I thought I'd be on my own. So there were three of us trooping in behind Megan and Jeremy at 9:15 in the morning, and the kids made a beeline for their classroom. They learned its location at the open house on Saturday, and their friend Savannah is also in their class, so it's good to know there's already a familiar face there with them.

I left the school with my mom and Steve left to go back to work. Mom and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and I couldn't help but feel strange to be there without the munchkins. The waitress we requested is the same one we try to get whenever we go there though...we met her five years ago, right around the time I was put on bedrest. Mom would sometimes sneak me to Cracker Barrel for a meal on the way home from a doctor's appointment, and she was always so sweet to us. It was kind of like coming full circle to go have breakfast there and visit with her. :0

We ran a few errands after breakfast and then went to pick the kids up again at 12:15. Jeremy was crying! We quickly learned he was upset because he wanted to stay at school and play on the playground longer. Hmmm. I'm proud to say he's the only one of us who cried though...I went tear-free all day. Surprisingly, since I figured I'd boo-hoo just a little!

I won't post the multitude of pics I originally wanted to, just the one of them with their backpacks on before we left the house. My babies are growing up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment